I’ve been Facebook free for about two weeks now, and I’m so happy with my decision to quit the social media giant.
What I’m missing:
- Facebook Messenger – I guess I’m lazy when it comes to texting, and I’d rather type a message on my computer than write one on my phone. I really, really miss this.
What I don’t miss:
- Wasting hours scrolling through posts.
- People arguing about nothing.
- Worrying about whether or not I’m posting enough.
- Worrying if people are even seeing my business posts.
- Wondering if I should filter MORE money into advertising when I realize they aren’t.
- Business and personal mingling — This makes me uncomfortable, and my husband and kids deserve their privacy. We have stuff we share with the world, but there are some things that should be family only. Because of the way Facebook is set up, it’s very difficult to keep this separate, especially when you start participating in multi-author events.
As you can probably tell, I’m not regretting leaving Facebook. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, but it’s not for me.
And just so you all know, I still love to hear from you. I’m active on Twitter, and I’m trying to participate more on Instagram. You can also contact me right here on the website.