I’ve been nominated for a blogging award! That’s awesome! Thank you Adventures of a Dublin Bookworm!
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions they have sent you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate ten people
Here are the questions I received from A Dublin Bookworm:
1. Why do you enjoy blogging?
Blogging is such a wonderful way to connect with other people. I love to interact with other readers, writers, moms, and people who really love their animals (I’ve been known to stalk a few dog blogs where there is a new litter of babies to watch grow up.)
2. What was your favourite book as a child and why?
Oh, this is a hard one! I loved a lot of books as a child. I will have to go with Battle for the Castle by Elizabeth Winthrop. I read it several times, and I thought it was so exciting. Loved it.
3. Who encouraged you to read?
Of course my parents wanted me to read, but it was my Aunt Laurie and my Aunt Zindy who really started my reading adventure. Aunt Laurie bought me Little Women, and I fell in love with it. Soon after my Aunt Zindy bought me the first two books in the Babysitter’s Club series (I’m not ashamed!).
4. What book have you read which had a profound effect on you?
Hands down, this would be the Bible. There is no other book that means as much to me as this one.
5. Where is your favourite place to read?
In my bed! I like to swipe my husband’s pillow and make a comfy pillow tower to lean against.
6. Where do you like to get your books from?
Pretty much all my books come from Amazon. I’m a Kindle girl, so most of the novels I own are digital. I love having my library with me everywhere. If I get books anywhere else, it is usually Barnes and Noble. There is something so wonderful about a big bookstore.
7. What is your least favourite genre?
Crime Fiction. *shudder*
8. Have you ever abandoned a book? If so what was it and why did you give up?
Sadly, yes. The Book Thief. I know; I’m sorry. I hated it. I couldn’t get past the condescending narrator. I gave it a good go, but finally I decided it wasn’t for me. I know there are people that are in love with this book–and that’s awesome. It’s not my cup of tea, is all.
9. You’re stranded on a desert island, what 5 books would you bring with you and why?
1. I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella (so funny!), Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers (so inspirational), The Heir by Kiera Cass (because I must read it!), A Different Blue by Amy Harmon (so, so good!), and The Bible (because it’s the most important).
10. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading Emma by Jane Austen. I’m loving it!
The bloggers I’m going to nominate are:
Here are your questions:
1. What is the first book you fell in love with?
2. What is your favorite genre?
3. Name five of your favorite books you read in 2014.
4. Are you looking forward to a book scheduled to release in 2015? If so, which one?
5. Who is your favorite author? Which book is your favorite?
6. Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If you are, which ones?
7. Have you ever read a book that everyone loved, but you couldn’t stand? What book was it?
8. What is your favorite series?
9. Which book would you love to see made into a movie?
10. Have you ever thought about writing a book? If you have, what would it be about?
Thanks again, Dublin Bookworm! This was fun!