Thank you so much to DODGRGRL for nominating me! Make sure you stop by her blog! She has a sweet heart, and her posts always make me smile. Not only does she run a lovely blog, but she does it while in school, which is quite an accomplishment!
About Me: Let’s do this as a list, shall we? Here it goes!
- I write young adult fiction, both light fantasy and contemporary romance.
- I’ve been married to my husband for twelve years, and we have two incredibly awesome, creative children.
- I have a Saint Bernard, Gunther (he’s my lazy, drooly, mopey, lovebug).
- I’ve lived in Western Colorado all my life, and it will always be home. As a family, we love to hike, camp, geocache, fish, and we’ve just started nature journaling.
1. What made you decide to start a blog? I wanted a way to connect with my readers, have a home base where people can go to find information on upcoming projects and so on. I admit I don’t blog as often as I should, but I do enjoy it very much.
2. If you could live for a day in another time period, what would it be? Hmm… Based on the fashion of the titled alone, I would have to say I would like to visit France in the early Baroque period (think Three Musketeers).
3. Have you traveled to another country? If so, where? Not yet.
4. What is your ideal place to live? Actually, I would like to be a modern-day gypsy (the Starbucks drinking, off-roading, can’t-give-up-my-daily-luxuries kind). Colorado will always have my heart, but, right now, I just want to go. Eventually, I’m quite sure we’ll settle down (even if it’s only in the summers) in Ouray, Cedaredge, or Carbondale.
5. What is your biggest goal in life? My children are both my greatest blessing and my greatest responsibility, and raising them to be thoughtful, strong, godly people is my biggest goal. “Train up a child in the way they should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22.6
6. If you could trade places with a historical person for a day, who would it be? I should have an awesome answer for this one, but, honestly, I’m pretty happy with where I’m at and who I am.
7. What would be one piece of advice you have for new bloggers out there? Make it your own. Someone out there is bound to be interested in what you have to say, so just keep writing (even if it seems like, at first, no one cares).
8. Any favorite movies? Princess Bride!
9. How about favorite musicals? SO HARD. I practically lived on the stage in high school, and a lot come to mind. But my favorite??? I’m going to go with Roger’s and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. Others I like: Once Upon a Mattress, Grease, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.
10. Can you well imitate an accent besides your own? Yeah. Yeah, I can…and I might randomly do it when I’m bored.
11. Who is your biggest role model, and given the chance to speak with them, what would you say? Goodness, this is a hard question. I admire a great many people: my dad for his giving nature, my mom for her tenaciousness, my in-laws for their steadfast loyalty, Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jim for their faith, and Aunt Angie and Uncle Rick for their marriage. And of course, and most importantly, Jesus. Fortunately, I can speak with him every day.
This was fun! Once again, thank you DODGRGRL!
So, in the rules, I am to nominate as many people as I can who have less than 1000 followers, so consider this an open invitation. If you qualify, and you would like to participate, I hereby nominate YOU. Let me know if you do a post in the comments. I’d love to read what you have to say!
If you got nominated, here are the rules: Thank the person who nominated you. Answer the questions given (Questions will be the same). Nominate as many people as you can with under 1000 followers.