Last week I started Mandatory Monday, which is a list of the little things I’m loving in the current week.
It’s been crazy around here. My cold ended up being a full-fledged flu. My daughter has apparently caught it, and she woke up not only sniffly and congested, but also sick to her stomach this morning. Poor thing. I hate to see my kids sick. It’s the worst. Needless to say, we’re both exhausted.
We also looked at a new house this weekend, so it’s a possibility we may be moving soon. I’m not sure it’s the brightest idea right before Christmas, but if that’s where we’re led, that’s where we’ll go. It’s not much bigger than where we’re at now, but it’s in a nice area, and it’s a lot closer to my husband’s work.
So, NaNoWriMo…I’m just where my word count needs to be to finish the 50,000 words on time. I like to have a little more breathing room than that, but I’m happy I didn’t fall behind this weekend. I’m going to carve aside a little extra time today. Since my daughter is not going to be up to doing school, I’m pretty sure I’ll do our read-alouds, and we’ll run some science videos. My son can work on independent work, and we’ll be fine.
So here we go, the things I need in my life this week:
- My slow cooker – Life’s been too busy to worry about dinner in the evenings. I’m going to toss a pork roast in this morning, and tonight we’ll have barbecue pork sandwiches.
- My Pink Rose Geo Print Cardigan – I have the blue one, and I wear this thing all the time. When I bought it, I had no idea I would love it as much as I do. I might go back and get the other color too.
- Marie Mug from the Disney Classics Collection – My in-laws just brought this back for me from the Disney store in Denver, and I just love it. All Disney store mugs are great. They’re big and sturdy, but this one is just so adorable.
- Sterilite 6 Quart Storage Box – These little containers are the perfect size for packing Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. Plus, it’s an extra little gift. We bought ours at Hobby Lobby.
- My planner and my notebook – I would be lost without these. I really would. Though I can use my phone for note and appointments, I really like to write things down.
That’s all for now! Have a great Monday, everyone!